KPMG’s recent research study Tech Disruptors Outpace the Competition, a study based on interviews with 750 global technology industry leaders, found that the internet of things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI) and robotics are seen as likely drivers of digital disruption in the coming years. Here are the key insights gained from the study:
- IoT, AI and robotics have the greatest potential to digitally transform businesses.
- 30% of tech leaders globally predict blockchain will disrupt their businesses by 2021.
- 26% of global tech leaders say e-commerce apps and platforms will be the most disruptive new business model by 2021.
- 50% of tech leaders expect media, transportation and healthcare to experience the greatest digital transformation in the next three years.
- IoT’s greatest potential for adoption by 2021 is in consumer products, education, services, industrial manufacturing and telecommunications.