Adjust and Apptopia (an app intelligence provider) have published their Mobile Finance Report 2020, which paints a picture of the overall health of finance apps in 2020. This includes a look at the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on consumer behavior patterns and the industry as a whole. The key findings of the report are:
- Activity in investment apps that allow users to trade stocks directly from their smartphones is growing, with an average growth of 88% from January 2020 through June 2020.
- Emerging markets are driving global growth as they view FinTechs less as disruptors and more as filling a much-needed gap.
- The number of sessions spent in payment apps is up nearly 50% globally, with users increasingly using mobile devices to comply with social-distancing requirements.
- Sessions for banking and payment apps combined has increased 26% on average.
- Super-apps remain one of the top trends, especially in Asian markets.
View the full report here.