A new Forrester Research report predicts that, in 2018, enterprises will finally move beyond the hype and recognize that artificial intelligence requires hard work and proper planning to be deployed and governed correctly. Forrester also predicts improvements for the new year, such as better human and machine collaboration, enhanced business intelligence and analytics solutions and new artificial intelligence capabilities. Here are a few of the expected results in 2018:
- 70% of enterprises will have implemented artificial intelligence, up from 51% in 2017 and 40% in 2016.
- 25% of enterprises will have supplement point-and-click analytics with conversational interfaces.
- Querying data using natural language and delivering resulting visualizations in real-time will become standard.
- 20% of enterprises will deploy artificial intelligence to make decisions and provide real-time instructions.
- Artificial intelligence will suggest what to offer customers, recommend terms to give suppliers and instruct employees on what to say and do.