KPMG has released their Pulse of FinTech H1’21 report, detailing the incredibly strong start for the global FinTech market in 2021. Moreover, this strong performance isn’t just dominated by one sector. We’ve seen robust investment and growing deal sizes in a wide variety of FinTech subsectors – from WealthTech and RegTech to crypto and cybersecurity. Here are some key trends we’ve seen this year:
- Growing recognition that consumers’ digital behaviors that accelerated due to the pandemic are here to stay
- Growing interest in SPAC mergers
- Increasing interest in cryptocurrencies and blockchain solutions
- Embracing of mergers and acquisition (on the part of corporates) as a way to obtain capacities, broaden consumer offerings and continue to grow
- Growing use of platform-based and super-app models
In short, the pandemic has truly pushed the FinTech space into place unimaginable just a few years ago. While this is, overall, a good thing, it is important to keep moving forward and not rest on the laurels of past (and current) success.
Check out the full KPMG report for more detailed information!